1. Is the MBBS programme recognised by the Malaysian authorities?
Yes, the MBBS programme at MAHSA University was officially approved by the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) on 23rd April 2009 and the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
2. Are there any scholarships or financial assistance available at MAHSA University?
MAHSA University does provide scholarships (subject to eligibility). However, all eligible students will be assisted in obtaining the Malaysian Governmental organisation such as Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) Loan and other bank study loans.
The registrar’s office will guide students in applying for several other financial assistance from various states or private bodies.
3. Do I need to have English qualification to apply for a place in the Medical Faculty of MAHSA University?
All students registering for the MBBS programme must be competent in English as the entire course is conducted in English.
The MAHSA University’s Medical Faculty requires you to have TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge A Level or Cambridge O Level as their English qualification. Nevertheless, if you do not have any of the mentioned qualification, you can still apply and if your application is accepted, you will be required to attend the MAHSA University, Medical Faculty’s English Proficiency course.
4. Is an interview required for entry admission? What should I expect and prepare during the interview?
One of the entry requirements for MAHSA University is to have a successful interview. The purpose of the interview is to permit members of the faculty to get a look at you. Whether you have what it takes to succeed in graduate school and in the profession such as maturity, interpersonal skills, interest and motivation.
How well do you express yourself, manage stress and think on your feet?
During the interview, you’ll talk to several faculty members. You will be engaged in discussions with the faculty members. Participate in the discussions, demonstrate your listening skills but do not monopolize the conversation. During your interviews, the interviewers may have read your application file but do not expect them to remember much about you. So, be forthcoming about your experiences, strengths and professional goals. Be mindful of the salient facts you wish to present.
Remember your goals during your interview: to convey your interest, motivation and professionalism as well as to gather the information you need to determine if this is the graduate programme for you.
- Learn about the programme and faculty. Understand the training emphasis and faculty research interests.
- Review your own interests, goals and qualifications. Note what things make you a good match for the programme. Be able to explain how your goals and qualifications match what the programme has to offer.
- Anticipate questions and rehearse potential answers.
- Prepare intelligent questions to ask.
5. How much does the 5-year MBBS program cost?
Medical school can be expensive and therefore, it would be beneficial to consider the cost before applying.
The 5-year tuition fee is RM 300,000.00 for Malaysian students and different tuition fees for international students. Note that tuition does not include registration fee, books, lab fees, hostel etc.
6. What are the facilities available?
Hostel – Currently there are 3 hostel blocks (1099 rooms) at the MAHSA University students’ hostel situated at Jalan Universiti Campus, just next to the Medical Faculty.
Food Court – The food court is located on the ground of Block D and serves Malay, Chinese, Indian & Western cuisines. It is open from 7.00 am till 10.00 pm.
Convenience Store – The convenience store is located on the ground floor of Block D. It is well-stocked with all sorts of easy-to-cook foodstuff. There is also a stationary section with photocopier facilities for your convenience.
Launderette – The launderette is also located on the ground floor of Block … Launderette service is provided free to students.
Surau/Prayer Room – For Muslim students and staff, there are 4 surau/prayer rooms at the Jalan Universiti Campus premises.
Teaching-learning Facilities – To ensure world-class education MAHSA University provided the best teaching-learning facilities such as modern Anatomy Laboratory, Integrated Digital Laboratories with-learning facilities, clinical skill laboratories, computer labs, library and many others.
7. Should I get health insurance?
All students registered with MAHSA University are provided with insurance during the course of their study.
8. What are the security services at MAHSA University?
MAHSA University has currently employed a good team of in-house security guards. Security is also heavily emphasized in the hostels with the appointment of in-house wardens. This is to ensure the safety of the students. Fire hazards precautions are well taken care of and all floors in the campus buildings have sufficient fire fighting equipments.
9. How do I apply for entry to the MAHSA MBBS program?
Interested student can apply for admission to the MBBS program using the application form which can be obtained from:
- The Faculty of Medicine, MAHSA University, Jalan Elmu off Jalan Universiti, 59100 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (Tel: +603-7960 6992)
- Applications can also be completed on-line at the University’s website: www.mahsa.edu.my